Statement of Purpose
- Anchor Baptist Church is a congregation that is organized and operated according to the principles set forth in the New Testament for the purpose of spreading the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and discipling those who receive Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
- We are Baptists: From our roots in the New Testament Church of the first century, through the Dark Ages in Europe, until today, Baptists have held distinct beliefs and values, which in many cases, have cost them their lives. We are not Charismatic, Ecumenical, Arminian, or Calvanist. We are Baptists.
- We are Independent Baptists, not associated with the Southern Baptist Convention or any other denomination. Our autonomy has allowed us to begin and operate many ministries that would not have otherwise been possible. Our independence has been key in working with other groups toÂ accomplish common goals.
- We are Fundamental Baptists: We adhere to the fundamentals of the faith and reject modern teachings and practices that are contrary to the Bible.
- We are Conservative Baptists: We believe in the literal interpretation of the Holy Scriptures, and therefore, practice conservative music, dress, life style, politics, and financial principles.
- We are Missionary Baptists: We take the great commission â€œto go unto all the world and preach the Gospel seriously. Whether around the corner or around the world, much of our prayers, efforts, and finances are dedicated to the purpose of the evangelization of sinners and the discipling of saints.
- We are King James Bible Baptists: We believe that the Masoretic Hebrew, and the Textus Receptus Greek text are preserved in the King James 1611 Bible. We believe that the cannon of Scripture is complete in the 39 books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament. We reject the Westcott and Hort Manuscripts and all modern translations derived thereof.
- We are old fashioned Baptists: We believe in old-time preaching, praying and praising the Lord. While many churches in our day are striving to be contemporary in their music, worship, and practices; we are striving to preserve the old fashioned ways, values, and traditions that made our mountains the Heart of the Bible Belt and our nation strong.